Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thankful Thursday #4

  • Forgiveness
How often have we said things we don't mean? I can't even count on both hands the number of times this week that I did or said something I wasn't proud of. But this is a fact of life. We make mistakes, we grow from them and we move on with a new understanding. Hopefully, not making that mistake again. (Spoiler: I fail) What I am truly thankful for is forgiveness. That I am forgiven for my action and words. Things are just... let go of and we start again. Those people humble me.
  • Family
I have been reflecting this week on just how spoiled and blessed I have been in my life. Looking back, I have always had someone there to look out for me, to give a helping hand, or nudge me in the right direction. I often bemoan certain things in my life but truthfully, I have had a really good life so far and a large chuck of that is because of others helping me through.
  • Mail
Okay - not all mail is good mail and I do get my share of bills. But just occasionally you get that handwritten letter, card or box of goodies that you weren't expecting and BAM! Any day is instantly better. I love getting things in the mail. Even a magazine or catalog is welcome. It's just fun.
  • Playing Pretend
It probably isn't healthy but one of my favorite ways to cheer myself up when I'm having a down day is to browse Pinterest and create my "Dream Home". I pin anything from furniture to wall colors to shower curtains. It reminds me of when I was young. I would take the JCPenny huge Christmas book and cut out things I would one day have for my house. I even cut out what my Husband and children would look like. This is normal, right?
  • Small Discoveries
Taking the advice from a fellow blogger, I made it a point to be outside more this week and it was so refreshing! The weather really was amazing. I have come across so many objects that left me in wonder. Acorns, mushrooms, wild grapes, moths, cicadas, flowers that are still fighting against the cooling temperatures... there's so much beauty out there just waiting to be discovered.


What are you thankful for this week? Please share in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment