Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Smelling great for a new year.

Since I was a teenager, I have been a huge fan of body sprays and mists. Bath and Body Works is my weakness. I cannot walk past that store without going in and I cannot go in that store without buying something. I think there should be support groups for that sort of thing. Anyhoo, I never had worn perfume because I preferred the soft and whispy hint of scent given by body sprays rather that the bold statement I saw perfumes as parading around as. That was – until this past month in which I feel head of heals over two perfumes that I have been wearing since opening them. And I wanted to share these with you.


First we have Vera Wang’s Lovestruck Floral Rush. This is a 2012 perfume that I had sampled way back that year. You know the drill. You go into a department store; they attack your senses at the beauty counters. This one, I didn’t mind. I just couldn’t bring myself to pay so much. Going from a $12 Body Mist I could coupon down to $5 vs a $40 bottle of perfume. I couldn’t wrap my head around it. But! With luck and wonder, I received this as a gift for Christmas. I was ecstatic. I feel so fancy now with my first true blue – not a sample size – bottle of perfume. Like an adult!

Scent: Champagne accord, apricot blossom, pink passion flower, cashmere woods, sheer musk, pink pepper, marigold, freesia and white amber.


Second, Victoria’s Secret Sheer Love Eau de Toilette.  I went into Victoria’s Secret right before Christmas with the intent of restocking on Love Spell which has been my favorite VS scent for a very long time. I have to say… it’s very dangerous to browse because I spotted this bottle. I noticed pink lily stated on the front and, being one of my favorite flower scents, I decided to try a spritz. It’s a very soft scent which I really enjoy. It doesn’t over power your senses but it lingers longer than a body spray would. There is a downside to this one as the lotion, body wash, and other products of the same scent didn’t smell the same! It wasn’t just me. I had a friend see if I was going crazy but she assured me I wasn’t. Either the eau de toilette is off or else everything else is but I didn’t enjoy the other products at all while I was wrapped in delight over this little bottle. I bought a small 1 oz bottle in case I later regretted my decision. I have not!


Scent: Fresh white cotton and luminous pink lily.

What are some of your favorite scents? Any one in particular that you are bringing into the new year? Please let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment