Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Birchbox // October 2013


Birchbox is a monthly subscription box. Each month you will receive a box filled with 4 to 5 beauty and hair samples. Sometimes they throw in 'lifestyle' samples. The boxes are usually a mix that are based off of your profile which you fill out at time of signup. The box costs $10 a month.



Birchbox offers a great rewards program. Every 100 points you earn counts towards $10 in the Birchbox shop. You can earn these points buy purchasing from the shop or earn 10 points for each review you leave for products! 



In the past, I have enjoyed maybe 1 of the 5 products I've received. The others are usually so-so but not something I could see myself using much. After tweaking my profile just a bit, I am so much happier. This box was a lot better in  fitting what I like or would use. 



Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser With Muslin Cloth
{Counts as two items.}

I've been using the cleanser for about a week now and it's rather nice. The muslin cloth is nifty, as I have never used one as part of my beauty routine. The cleanser seems to leave my face with a faint glow. What's definitely noticeable is how soft my face feels. I have really sensitive skin and just about anything can cause my face to break out but this has helped keep stubborn acne at bay!



ChapStick Hydration Lock
Normally, I don't use ChapStick. It leave my lips feeling a bit sticky and I seem to reapply more often than I should need to. This though, this is really nice! It's very moisturizing and stays put for a while. I really have been enjoying this one.


Miss Jessie's Original Creme de la Creme Conditioner
I have gotten a lot of Miss Jessie's products in my Birchbox and I wish that I wouldn't. The products are effective but the scents are a turn off! This conditioner had that chemical smell I often associate with color treating my hair. Meh.



Folle de Joie eau de parfum
Ooooh, we're getting fancy! This is a really nice smelling perfume. It's sort of woodsy and the best I can describe it as is slightly girly with a seductive siren afterthought. Hah! At $98, I don't like it enough to purchase but the sample was a nice size and will last me a bit.


POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer
My sample (which was a nice size!) was for the color Floating Rose. I really love the color! I'm more for softer, subtle looks than bold so this works for me. This lacquer though... meh! It was really sticky and just awful! The top had an applicator which was a flat stick and the lacquer would leave this sticky, slime-like trail from the container to stick. Very odd.

I believe this Birchbox is my favorite so far! I will use every item and enjoyed the majority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment