Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday #5

  • Socks
Alas, the days of running carefree and barefoot are at an end. With Autumn making itself known, I have needed socks to keep warm. While I will miss running about without socks, I am thankful to have them. Especially when it's 40F outside and my toes turn to ice. Egads!
  • Books
I have been gobbling books up this week. Finished three (which means more book reviews!) and I have a pile that I can't wait to dive into. I have such a passion for books. To see them, hold them, smell them. One of my greatest thanks is that I have access to books and reading material. It's all there, knowledge and characters and feelings and questions just waiting to be discovered.
  • A New Niece (!)
Born October 22, she is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I am so thankful that she's here finally, safe and healthy. Adorable!
  • Lights at the End of the Tunnel
I'm sure everyone has had those moments of feeling stuck, as though they aren't moving forward with anything in life. Well, I have had that feeling for some time, especially with 3 major things. And this week I have had signs or opportunities, or whatever you want to call it, that one or two of those might be getting better. Just when I was feeling at my lowest, God gave me a sunny sky.
  • Showtunes
Secret? When I'm upset, I listen to showtunes. Musical numbers just pick me up like nothing else can. (Much to the woe of Husband who has to listen!) Because of the season, I have been listening a lot to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It's astounding... time is fleeting...

What are you thankful for this week? Please share in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment